Monday, November 16, 2015

Nanowrimo: Coming into week 3

The wretchedly awkward week two has finally passed.  The lull of details and backstory has been conquered.  Action has replaced the slow build up, and the words are flowing much more freely.  I hit 32k words today.  That means I'm almost 6k words ahead of the daily goal.  It's quite possibly the biggest lead I've had at this stage in the game.

November is always a whirlwind month, but this one has been a doozy.  Somehow, even in the midst of hosting a benefit art auction, I've managed to stay on top of the daily word count.  I'm choosing to take it as a sign that this novel wants to be written.  It's all coming so naturally.

Of course, there's also the part of me that whispers that the words can't flow this freely forever. I dread that one morning, they just won't come at all. It appears that week three brings the fraud police to my door.  So while the words are still coming, the confidence that they'll form a decent story by the end is waning.

I've made it this far, so I'm determined to see it all the way to 50k, fraud police be damned.  Even if the story sucks, it's still my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment