Monday, November 23, 2015

So close, I can taste it!

Welcome to the last full week of NaNoWriMo!  It's been a tough month, but November always is. I'll admit, I've struggled for the past few days to reach my word goal.  I was at another lull.  My characters were preparing for the final boss showdown.  While forcing myself to write about battle strategies and new settings, all I wanted to do was skip to the action.  I'm on the cusp of the final scene now.  I have a feeling tomorrow will be an epic word day.

I've topped 45k already.  The end goal is so close now. Less than 5k to go, and I still have an entire week to go.  I may power through to 50k tomorrow so I can give myself a worry-free Thanksgiving weekend.

I'm still certain my story won't be finished at the 50k mark.  I realized today, there is a very real possibility that it will need to extend to a second book.  I don't think it's trilogy material, but who knows where book two will take them.

For those of you struggling to reach 50k, keep going! There's still time to win this thing. Regardless of your final word count, you have more written than you did when November began. It might not be a novel, but it's still a good start.

So, here's to the last week of this grueling challenge and resuming normal life!

For those of you wondering, here's a link to my novel info for this year.  You can also see my past Nano projects and how many times I've failed at this!

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/gabbyg/novels

No comments:

Post a Comment