Saturday, April 2, 2016

PAD challenge

April always seems to be the month I decide to heap too many things onto my plate. At the beginning of the year, I began a writing challenge with a small group of friends. We each write a 300, 500, 1000, and 1500 word short story every month. We also give feedback to the other writers. It's been wonderful motivation to maintain the daily habit of writing. So, I have to write four short stories before the month is through. No biggie, I've done that for a few months already.

However, April is also National Poetry Month. I've got a soft spot for poetry as it was the first outlet I poured my creativity into. I've never been exceptional at it, but I love writing it all the same. Every April, in honor of NaPoMo, there is a PAD challenge. PAD stand for poem a day. Regardless of how busy I am, I feel the need to attempt this challenge.

We're on day two, and I've written two poems. It's far too early to consider this a success, but I've got a good feeling about it.

That being said, I haven't started any of my short stories for the month. The 300 word is due by the end of tomorrow. That means I need to crank out one poem and one story by day's end. Hopefully, tomorrow will be exceptionally inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment