Saturday, August 11, 2012

Distractions

I'm trying to focus on writing while my son screams in the other room.  I don't mean yells a little bit and then gets over it.  I mean, wailing until his every breath is a ragged sob and his voice is hoarse.  Papa is convinced that he can get him to go to sleep without my help, but I have my doubts.  Needless to say, it isn't the ideal background noise if I want to get anything accomplished.

The good news: I've managed to get the book edited through chapter five (also, the boy has quieted, so Papa may be successful after all).  The bad news:  I still haven't made any headway on what I'm going to do with the manuscript once the edits are finished (and the screams have resumed).

So, as the screams have once again quieted to sad, halting sobs, I'm going to try to tune the little man out.  For the record, I feel like a terrible mother for just sitting here while the boy cries himself to sleep.  I know Papa is right, and that he needs to learn to sleep without me, but damn, this is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment