Friday, May 30, 2014

In It to Win It

So, the power cord to my Chromebook mysteriously broke in two.  I'm sure I know where fault lies for this lovely inconvenience, but the culprit is too damned cute for me to be angry with him.  After a failed attempt to replace it with a universal plug, I had to go to Best Buy to exchange the $50 cord for the $85 HP cord.  I'm happy that the new one works, but a bit bitter that it was so expensive to replace.

I found out today that my query and first 250 of the MS have made the cut to be a contender in this year's Query Kombat.  I swear, it's a thing.  The top 32 queries get read by agents. Real agents.  I haven't made it that far yet. I'm in the first round of 64 kombatants though. Happy I made the cut and am in the running to be seen by an agent.  Voting starts on Sunday.  I'm nervous, and can't wait to see if I get any helpful feedback.

So, fingers crossed, yet again.  Maybe all of these contest eliminations will help thicken my skin.  Then, maybe, the rejections won't hurt so much when I begin querying in earnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment