Saturday, May 24, 2014

Let's Just Dust This Off

So, I managed to get my stuff together and enter Amazon's ABNA Contest this year.  Miracle of miracles, I made it to the quarter final round.  What does that get me, exactly? It might not seem like much, but it landed me my first professional review of the completed MS. Yes, I let someone else read the whole thing.  A someone from Publisher's Weekly, no less. My review was lukewarm.  It looks like the MS still needs some polishing.  Apparently, it lacks resolution.  I'm going to let it sit for at least a month before I decide exactly how to tackle that obstacle.

In the meantime, I have to muster up the resolve to write something new.  I have to admit, I'm feeling a bit discouraged.  Apparently, blah reviews have an uncanny ability to drain all creative energy from your brain.  Who knew?

It explains the resurrection of this blog though.

My new mantra is: I will find time to write.  I won't lose focus, even with the king of distraction running about the house.  I just have to decide which hours to claim for myself.  Realistically, it can only happen while he's asleep.  He already gets up as soon as there's a hint of sunlight peeking through the window, so I'm pretty sure there are a lot of long nights in my future.  Here's hoping they turn out to be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment