Sunday, June 1, 2014

There's nothing like constructive criticism

I entered Amazon's ABNA contest to get my MS out there and, hopefully, get some feedback from a professional.  Well, I did well enough to get the review, but it wasn't as helpful as I expected. It actually gave me very little to work with.  So, I entered a second contest. Query Kombat. I already raved about how excited I was to be chosen.

(Here's the link to my battle royale.)
http://writersoutworld.blogspot.com/2014/06/qk-round-1-burning-down-house-vs.html

The entries went live today.  I have to admit, I would totally read the book that I'm up against. I love the premise for it.  It made me nervous.  I'm still hanging in there, though.  Two judges have weighed in so far, and we're tied, 1:1.

At this point, I'm not really concerned about making it to the next round.  Each comment I've received in this little battle has been infinitely more helpful that the professional review.  I have so much to think about. I am so excited that this community is so active, and that each reader has taken the time to give such good pointers.  If I do make it to the next round, I get the chance to edit things before the next judges see it. I'll have a lot of work to do.

I'm happy to say, that I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment