Monday, June 30, 2014

It's all about the edits

The word count has surpassed the 60K mark! In fact, I'm over 62k. It's still not even close to being as long as it should be, but it's beefing up quite nicely. I've read this thing so many times, that I don't know if I'm even capable of catching mistakes as I go. It may be time to set it aside for a bit.

I've got a few new story ideas that I'm very excited about. I've been so wrapped up in the Farmer MS that I let it leech all of the creative juices from new projects. I think it's time to let them loose.

I think I'm also going to give myself a daily word count goal. Goals are a good thing, and I need to learn to push them on myself. A daily word count makes me accountable for something. I think I need a little kick to keep me in gear, and I'm hoping this is a step in the right direction. I need to treat this more like a job and less like a hobby. Success is not a passive endeavor. It has to be fought for. My armor is shined and ready. Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment