Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

I was vanquished in my last QueryKombat round, which means I won't be advancing to round 3.  This contest elimination has the brightest silver lining ever.  Once you're knocked out of the Kombat, the agent requests for your MS are revealed.  What did this mean for me? A lovely lady at the Jane Rotrosen Agency has requested the first 30 pages. She liked the query and first 250 words enough that she wants to read more.

I sent her an email on Wednesday. I've been making furious edits to the remainder of the MS in the meantime. It needs to be pristine if she requests to see the full after reading those 30 pages. My inbox is now a source of endless torment. Every email could be her response. I think I'm more anxious right now than I was at any stage of the contests.

Jane Rotrosen represents some really big names in Women's Fiction, including one of my favorite authors, Sarah Addison Allen. Getting a full MS request from them would be huge. A rejection will certainly sting, but I'm trying to stay positive. It's been an emotional roller coaster for me, and it's only been two days.

Ooh, what's that? A new email? (Spoiler: It was a 'magical cure for cradle cap.') Maybe hers will be the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment